21 August 2005

Dragons

Every so often, I "see" dragons during my meditation. So I started looking for information. The most useful site is linked above. As for what it means, I suspect it's rather like dream symbolism: what the dragon means to me is more important than any traditional lore surrounding it. However, since I tend to think in terms of Chinese tradition, there's probably some value in reading up on their dragon legends. :-) Don once told me that visions/sounds, etc., during meditation are like signposts on the road. They tell you you're headed in the right direction. But you shouldn't get caught up in "playing" with them, mentally. That would be like stopping the car because you'd seen the sign indicating your exit was coming up. Apparently Don's signpost is to "hear" big band music (which he doesn't particularly like).

No comments: